Thursday, February 8, 2018

Time to Resurrect the Blog?

So... it's been a while.  Almost 3 years, to be exact.  It's hard to believe I let that much time go by without blogging.  Honestly, it's just been tough to find time to fit it in, but the truth is, I really do miss blogging.  I've had several people ask me about blogging again recently and it's been nagging at me.  I never did set a New Year's Resolution, so maybe this is a good one.

So, what have we been up to lately?  A lot has changed, yet a lot has stayed the same.
IMG 8001
I'm still a Literacy Coach by day and a mom by night.  Sadie is now ten.  TEN! She just celebrated her 10th birthday and I celebrated my 40th! Yes, that's right, I just celebrated a pretty milestone birthday, too.  Since this was a pretty big birthday for both of us, we decided to go to the Happiest Place on Earth!
IMG 8122
We had an amazing trip, and I'll write a follow-up post about something really amazing that happened to us while we were there.  Here's a hint for you.
IMG 8167 IMG 8460
I'm still teaching Zumba-- I teach for a gym and also I have gone out on my own and have a class called Shake It with Liz.  That's been a really fun adventure.

I started going to OrangeTheory Fitness last spring. That's been a great addition to my fitness routine.  I really love the classes there and how they have added a whole new type of exercise to my routine.  Yes, I love dance-fitness, but I also love adding in the weight training and other types of challenges I get to do at OTF.

I can't give an update without mentioning the loss of our sweet Baylee.  If you've been reading the blog for quite some time, I am sure you remember seeing our girl here.  She had some health complications starting last spring and in August, we had to say goodbye to our sweet and loving girl.  She gave us 16 years of absolute devotion, always sticking right by my side.  We miss her very much.  It's amazing how much dogs dogs give us, asking so little in return.  There really is nothing like the love of a dog.
IMG 0001
So what can you expect on the blog now?

I've got a few posts planned.  I am going to do a little series of posts about our trip to Disney.  I want to highlight some of the really cool things we did and include some tips.  I thought I would also do a post about the food at Disney (hello, obviously). I'll also continue to talk about health and wellness, teaching Zumba and my experiences at OrangeTheory.  AND, I now have an Instant Pot (a.k.a. Magic Pot) so I'll share some about what I'm cooking.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!