Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DIY Day + A Little Fun

Ryan and I have been working on a little home improvement project over the past 2 days. 

100_8242

100_8243

100_8244

(I don’t get fixed up for DIY Days!)

Yes, we’ve been painting!  We have been needing to repaint both of our upstairs bathrooms for quite a while, and we decided to get started yesterday!  We finished a bathroom yesterday and another one today.  Go us!  I always think it is really fun to paint… I just wish that someone would do all the cleaning up afterwards!  Ha!  Now that the bathrooms are both painted, I’m having this urge to go to Target and get new bath mats, shower curtains, and other fun things.  Yay for DIY Days!

And then after our productive morning, we had a fun outing planned. 

100_8247

Ryan and I met up with Mandy and Owen, and Jenn and Cara at Carowinds!  We had been looking forward to getting the kids together for a water park day. 

100_8250 

100_8252

100_8255

100_8256

Unfortunately, the weather was cloudier than we expected.  Fortunately, there is PLENTY of other stuff to do at Carowinds!

100_8262

100_8265

100_8266

100_8273

100_8278

100_8281

And now… now it is time to rest!!!

Oh, by the way, my new fitness adventure had to be postponed until Friday.  Details soon!  Promise!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your DIY Day! What a fun accomplishment and having the summer off makes it even easier to give up some of your days to do house stuff like that...sometimes I just "want a day off" for home stuff...good job and I can't wait to see the work you did! Cute pics from your day at Carowinds, too! We're definitely gonna have to do a fun day trip up that way soon with you guys to go to CW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the difference that just a simple coat of paint can make!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!