Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese Mix-Up

Good morning, friends, and happy Tuesday!  It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day!

I’ve got a quick little recipe to share.  Actually, it’s so simple, I don’t know if you can really call this a recipe.  Let’s call it a “Mix-Up.”

100_7601

I’ve always loved bagels and cream cheese.  In recent years, they have come out with all kinds of cool cream cheese flavors.  My personal favorite is Veggie Cream Cheese.  It’s got the best flavor and is wonderful on top of “Everything Bagels.”

This morning, I had one bagel left in the bag, and I was really craving some veggie cream cheese, but of course, I only had plain.  Boo.  But then I thought, how hard can this be???  And I created this “Mix-Up” in under 5 minutes. 

Veggie Cream Cheese Mix-Up

100_7598

Ingredients:

1/2 block of light cream cheese

1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion

1 1/2 Tbsp chopped cucumber

2 baby carrots, shredded

2 Tbsp chopped tomato

sprinkle of dill and parsley (I used dried, but of course fresh would be even better)

Prep:

Mix it all up and spread over your bagel!  Enjoy!

100_7597

100_7600 

Hope you all have a fabulous day!  Oh, and the hubby is much better!  Now I am just praying that the rest of the household stays well! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!