Monday, April 22, 2013

Welcome to Moe's!

So, you all know that I love to cook. If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, then you already know this. However, sometimes life gets in the way. Can I get an "Amen" from the choir?

In our household, we juggle lots of things like gymnastics lessons, soccer practice and games, church activities, teaching Zumba, and more. It gets a little crazy, and on those days and nights, sometimes we have to eat out.

One of my very favorite places to visit is Moe's Southwest Grill. I love to visit local places, but Moe's is one chain that we LOVE. Our family frequents Moe's, but recently I received a gift certificate from Moe's Charlotte Headquarters and I agreed to write a post about our family's favorite things about Moe's. I actually did a little research and found out some things I didn't know about Moe's, which made me like them even more!

Here are a few things that you might not know about Moe's that I think you should:

  • There are over 20 ingredients for burritos (or other menu items)
  • The fully customizable menu proudly boasts all-natural, cage-free, white breast meat chicken; steroid-free, grain-fed pulled pork; 100% sirloin, grass-fed steak; and organic tofu
  • The are no trans fats or MSG in any of their foods
  • If you listen closely to the tunes playing at any Moe's restaurant, you'll notice all of the songs are performed by dead musicians to honor the sweet sounds of the artists who left us too soon.
  • Kids eat FREE on Tuesdays! (Holla if you like FREE!)
  • You can eat Paleo at Moe's! (See my meal below.)
  • You can order online of you download the app from the App Store. Click, click, click...and pick it up!
  • You can view all of the nutrition information online. I like that the nutrition info is interactive, so you can remove the toppings you won't be eating and add the ones you will.
  • The food is delicious always!

My favorite menu item is the Close Talker salad in a bowl. I usually get mine with shredded lettuce, chicken, pico de gallo, black olives, pickled jalapeƱos, cilantro, and cucumbers. Sometimes I add guacamole. You don't even need a dressing to go with it, although they do have dressing if you want it.

I also absolutely love the salsa bar. Each time I visit Moe's, I get the free salsa, which is the best green salsa I have had, and I always try one of the red salsas. I like that they always have mild, medium, and hot options. I wish I could turn down tortilla chips, but I can't... Chips and salsa are a weakness. (If you want to stick with Paleo while visiting Moe's, you have to skip the chips, obviously.)

 

Sadie's favorite is the soft taco. We all know how picky kid can be, so it is nice to go somewhere where you can select every single ingredient you want. She loves to order her own and tell them her favorite toppings: lettuce, cheese, and black olives!

If you are looking for a spot where you can eat health(ier) that is kid-friendly, give Moe's a try! Thank you, Moe's of Charlotte for giving our family a chance to have dinner and share our favorites!

So tell me... Have you ever tried Moe's? What's your favorite menu item?

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!