Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break Festivities (Part 1)

It's one of the few times of year that the rest of the public is jealous of teachers: it's Spring Break!

Every year, educators everywhere look forward to a much-needed week off from school. We had big plans of lots of relaxing activities, like:

  • Cleaning the house
  • Redoing the landscaping in the front yard
  • Doing all the piles of laundry

Wait... Did I say relaxing? Maybe I should have used a different word to describe Spring break.

 

At any rate, things took a bit of a surprising twist when a nasty stomach virus made its way through our family. I meant to post an Easter recap a few days ago, but was incapacitated for a few days. But now I am better and ready to share!

We made our annual Easter trip to Greenville to see my family. Each year, we have certain traditions that my mom makes us we love to continue...

...like dying Easter eggs...

 
...and making the "bunny cake!"
 

 

We also did a little shopping and had a delicious girls' lunch at Adam's Bistro.

 

 

I decided on the grilled shrimp skewers with sautéed spinach and green beans. Delicious!

 

 

Unfortunately, it was a bit cold and rainy on Easter, so we made our pictures indoors.

 

It was so nice spending time with family! It was also wonderful to have Easter at the beginning of Spring break! It always feels depressing to go back to work on Easter Monday.

Unfortunately... Things fell apart after this photo was taken, and the stomach virus took several of us down for a few days...

Thank goodness that is over!

 

Stay tuned for Spring Break Part 2!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!