Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fancy Beach Brunch and Challenge Time!

Happy Tuesday!  I hope your week is off to a great start!  Mine is!  We’ve made some important decisions and we’ve accomplished a lot in the last few days!  But let’s go back a few days so I can show you some pictures from our delicious brunch at the beach!

On Sunday morning, we thought we would grab brunch before heading home.  With the help of Yelp, we found a really cool breakfast spot!  It had great reviews and looked really unique.  I really like unique, locally-owned places.  Croissants Bistro and Bakery was a perfect spot! 

SCIRA 025

SCIRA 032

This is definitely NOT a tourist-trap kind of place.  I think it is probably a well-kept secret!

I started with coffee…

SCIRA 026

and they brought us these cute little mini-muffins.  I let Ryan have the chocolate chip and I took the raspberry one.  Delicious!

SCIRA 027

SCIRA 028

I couldn’t decide what to get because everything sounded amazing, but I finally settled on the smothered grits: grits covered with ham, grape tomatoes, onions, corn, and bacon, and topped with two perfectly poached eggs.

SCIRA 029

SCIRA 031

This was amazing.  The flavors were so perfect together.  I’ll admit… I ate every bite.  I only wish I would have had my DSLR… the pictures above just don’t do it justice.  I only had my iPhone with me.  :(  Food blogger fail.

If you happen to be in the Myrtle Beach area, be sure to check out Croissants Bistro and Bakery.  It’s a small but beautifully decorated spot with really unique menu items.  I would say it’s a French-Southern Fusion kind of place.  They also have a great-looking Bloody Mary Bar which under normal circumstances I would have taken advantage of… but I knew with the day we were going to have that I shouldn’t start with one of those.

That’s when the day got a little crazy.  We drove to Columbia to meet my sister there and pick up a U-Haul of furniture to bring back home.  We inherited some furniture from my grandparents’ house: a new bedroom set for Sadie (that used to be my mom’s when she was a little girl), end tables for our living room, a bookshelf, and a kitchen table (used to be my parents but is an upgrade from our table).  That was a LOT of work, but it was worth it when Sadie snuggled up in her new big-girl bed!

IMG_2558

IMG_2562

IMG_2564

So now… I hinted on Facebook that a challenge was coming. 

Are you ready for a fitness challenge? 

I know we are all super-motivated in January… but sometimes when February and March roll around, we start to slack a little.  Are you slacking a little? 

If so, then the 60 for 31 Challenge is just for you!

So what is the 60 for 31 Challenge? It’s simple…

  • a 60 minute workout
  • each day
  • for 31 days

Are you up for it?  The 60 minutes could be walking, running,biking,  Zumba or other aerobic class—whatever you like best.  You can also mix it up and do different activities each day of the week. 

You do get 2 cheat days for the month, because sometimes things come up.  You can also do a modified version of the challenge.  Maybe you want to participate on weekdays only or maybe you want to try a 30 minute workout for the 31 days.  Whatever version of the challenge you want to do… go for it!

If you are in for the challenge, it begins on March 1st and ends on March 31st!  If you are participating, post below, and if you are a blogger, be sure to list the name of your blog and your address! 

You can do it!!!  So rest up tomorrow on Leap Day… and get ready for March 1st!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in! except I've already started, so is that cheating?  David & I both have been losing weight this month...just needs to happen faster :)  It needs to come off as fast as it can go on...oh, I wish

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!!! The slower you take it off the more permanent it will be. And remember, you don't gain it in a week so it takes time. I know what you mean, though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!