Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Goat's Beard (Manayunk, Philadelphia, PA)

As you know, we spent last weekend in Philadelphia. Although we were there for sad reasons, we managed to squeeze in some fun at the same time.

On Friday, after looking through some of my grandmother's furniture and decorations, we decided to go for a late lunch in Manayunk.

Manayunk is a historic district, located in Philadelphia. There are lots of unique shops and restaurants located there. With the help of Yelp, we decided to grab a late lunch at The Goat's Beard. The Goat's Beard is located on Main Street in Manayunk, and they use fresh, local, organic ingredients. Check out their website here.

There are a few tables located outside, and then the inside has a few more tables. There is space upstairs for private parties as well.

We were lucky that we arrived just before they closed for the break before dinner.

A little day drinking...

It was really hard to make a decision, but I decided to go with the fish tacos.
On the tacos: fresh fish, fresh salsa, cilantro, pickled cabbage, and creme fraiche. Can you really go wrong with anything that has creme fraiche? No, you can't.
Everyone tried something different. My sister had the mussels, which it had considered ordering as well. I did steal one and they were delicious also. There is something really beautiful about mussels. I love the black, shiny shells.
If you are in the area, I would definitely think about checking out The Goat's Beard for brunch, lunch, or dinner!
 

 

 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!