Thursday, January 16, 2014

Local Restaurant Review: Five and Dine (Rock Hill, SC)

I bet you thought I was never coming back. I actually started to wonder if I was ever coming back. The husband even asked me the other day, “When’s the last time you blogged?”

So I decided to give myself a kick in the pants. I’ve been thinking about the blog a lot, and what I want it to be like in 2014. I have some ideas I am toying with. One thing I know that ISN’T going to change is the fact that I will keep bringing you recipes, food and gadget finds, and restaurant reviews.

Today I want to share a local restaurant with you: Five and Dine in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

Confession: I’ve actually been sitting on these pictures and content since December. *Hides face in shame.*. Hence, the Christmas tree.

If you are local, maybe you remember the Old Town Bistro that we had in Old Town Rock Hill. Old Town Bistro was a great local spot with lots of history. It was actually the location of the Friendship Nine Sit-In during the Civil Rights Movement. My husband and I loved to go there for breakfast because the food was always good and it just felt really neat to be eating right where history happened. So you can imagine how sad we were when it closed down last year. BUT, I was super excited to hear that a new restaurant was opening there in October!

The Five and Dine is located on Main Street, on the same block as the Children’s Museum.

One thing I love is the way the tables are all covered with white paper, and you get a little cup of crayons to entertain yourself.

The menu is full of all kinds of unique items, like a Nutella and Banana Sandwich, Chicken Cordon Bleu Chowder, and more. Over my past three visits, I have tried out some different items, like salads, soups, and on this particular evening… meatloaf!

The meatloaf did not disappoint! The portions are pretty big— enough for two meals. (Next day’s lunch, anyone?) The mashed potatoes and collards are delicious also- and y'all know I am picky about my collards!

I mentioned I have visited the Five and Dine three times and each time I have had great food and great service. So far, my very favorite thing at Five and Dine is the Tomato Basil soup and Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich. I don’t have a picture of these, but please trust me when I tell you it is the best tomato soup I have ever tasted. Seriously. Best ever.

***Update: I visited the Five and Dine again and snapped a pic of that delish soup and grilled pimento cheese! The husband and kiddo (who both don't even like Tomato soup) BOTH agree that it is delicious!


So if you are in the area and are looking for a great lunch or dinner spot, stop by the Five and Dine. You won’t regret it! There is something on the menu for everyone. Click here to view the menu!

***

I wanted to take a quick moment and also let everyone know that we are FINALLY moved into our new house! It was a little sad to say goodbye to our first house that we bought right before we got married, but we are so happy in the new house. It feels like home already! We feel so lucky to be able to start 2014 in a new place, literally!

 
Home sweet home. :)

 



 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!